sexta-feira, 20 de maio de 2011

A Letter Away - Part 4

Fica aqui o desfecho da historiazinha*

Suddenly someone opened the doors of the church that had been closed at the start of the ceremony. A man with a cutaway, black shoes, brown hair and green eyes entered the church very quietly. All guests and even Kate and Sam turned to him. She couldn’t believe her eyes.
- I don’t want to spoil anyone’s happiness, that’s why I waited behind the door until this moment. I left you and there’s no excuse for that. I left you behind, alone, desperate, miserable. Every night I wish I hadn’t had to do what I did, and only now I can tell you the all truth.
Everyone was staring at him.
- I’m a FBI agent and I was investigating a very complicated case - Sorry didn’t tell you the truth before but I just wanted to protect you – So, the people I was investigating threatened you. They told me they would find you and kill you. I know I was a coward, I know that I should have told you, but I knew I would come back. I moved to Australia where I caught the ringleader of the mafia, it was something like two months ago. In the meanwhile I knew you were dating someone else and three days ago I received a letter that you wrote…
- I never se…- she was interrupted by her mother.
- I sent him the letter Kate, sorry. I hope you could forgive me one day. I just couldn’t see you doing this without making anything.
Kate didn’t look away from John and he continued:
- I know that I’m the only one to blame. I know that you love me! But believe me, I still love you, as I always did. I was waiting behind the door because if you didn’t hesitate, it meant that you were completely sure of what you were doing, but you didn’t say “yes”. You were waiting for a miracle. I know how your head is right now, I just wanted you to do what you really think is better for you.
Kate looked at Sam and hugged him. Then she slowly went near to John and whispered in his ear “I love you and I always will”.
He kissed her and surprisingly everybody clapped as her smile of ultimate happiness lit the room.

Sem comentários: